Many homeowners use their basements for laundry, exercise and storage, and making it look nice are usually a secondary concern. Update the looks of your basement with these few ideas:
- Enhance the Floor. A new floor will tremendously enhance the appeal of your basement. Don’t worry, the costs of a new floor are less expensive than most homeowners assume. The most affordable kind are vinyl floors. These are tough and require little upkeep. You can also apply an epoxy coating for an even cheaper flooring option and with several coats, even the roughest floors will look new.
- Add shelves. It’s easy to clutter up and it undermines the look of any basement. The best way to avoid this from happening is by adding shelves to your basement walls to help you organize clutter and contribute tremendously to its overall look. Using varnished wood for the shelves can add an additional shot of style to your basement.
- Utilize Waterproofing Strategies. Call a waterproofing professional if you notice leaks in your basement. The presence of water in your basement causes rotting word and corroded plumbing fixtures. Cracks in your basement wall can also expand, potentially damaging your foundation because failure to address a leak can result in major damage and costly repairs to your home.
- Improve the Stairs. For a dramatic improvement, you can change the look of your basement staircase. Knock down the wall to create an open staircase and replace the old stairs with newer wood and install a decorative banister for an added shot of style.
- Build a Small Kitchen. If your basement is designed as an entertainment room, the addition of a kitchen would be a great idea. A basement has water, electrical and gas lines that are useful in a kitchen remodel. Snacks will be simply at reach and you won’t get tired going upstairs to have one.
In conclusion, these renovations may improve the price of your home when it comes the time to sell.
For your Anchorage Alaska home hunting, please check out our site.
And don’t forget to:
I can help you with any and all your real estate needs because…